Advantages that set us apart
• Flexibility in that you can start your mathematics
studies at D’Youville and decide later if you want to
pursue a pure mathematics degree, a combined
mathematics/education dual degree and minor/major in
• Class sizes are very small, to ensure the highest
possible level of personalized attention.
• All faculty teaching Mathematics at D’Youville
have Ph.D.s obtained from prestigious universities, are
young, enthusiastic about mathematics, passionate about
teaching and will serve as you academic advisors.
• Low number of required courses leave time to explore
other interests to fulfill prerequisite requirements for a
multitude of graduate programs (e.g., business, law, or
• Through advisement, you can individualize your
coursework to highlight your strengths and interests that
will differentiate your resume from other candidates (job
or graduate school applications).